Tuesday, January 18, 2011

oh yeah!!

I made carmels! Sucessfully!!! I tried the other day and it was a huge fail!! They turned out like hard burnt carmels... ok so heres what you need.

2 cups sugar, 2cups whipping cream, 1 3/4 cups corn syrup, 1 cup butter (sweet cream, salted, sticks)
Mix all ingredients except for 1 cup cream
Boil for 30 mins

*IMPORTANT* 
*use a pan with a flat bottom and a flat wooden spoon
*stir every one to two mins so it doesnt burn or stick to pan

after 30mins SLOWLY add remaining cream
*very slow so they dont cool to fast

boil into a firm ball stage
245 - 248 on candy thermometer.

grease your glass cake dish
pour carmels into and let cool 2 - 3 hours





Cut into squares (I use a pizza cutter)

Wrap in wax paper. (still trying to perfect this)

No comments:

Post a Comment